First Certificate of English
What is Cambridge English First (FCE) ?
First Certificate in English is an examination at an intermediate level, requiring competence in all the language skills, set at level B2 of the Council of Europe's Common Framework for languages.
At B2 level typical users can be expected to:
- understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing
- keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- produce clear, detailed writing, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.
Format of the exam
- Reading (1 hour)
- Writing (1 hour 20 minutes)
- Use of English (45 minutes)
- Listening (40 minutes)
- Speaking (15 minutes)